1) Crustal Geodynamics
• Structural, stratigraphic and metamorphic evolution of the Precambrian Eastern Ghats belt and other South Indian terrain with geochronological constraints.
• Geodynamic evolution of the cratonic basins of the Precambrian
2) Evolution of Sedimentary Basins with their sedimentology, paleoclimate and depositional history:
• Proterozoic Basins of India.
• Gondwana Basins of Peninsular India
• Mesozoic and Cenozoic Basins of Kutch, Sourastra, Dwarka, Jaisalmer etc.
3) Phanerozoic Faunal Record as widows to Evolutionary and Developmental Paleobiology
• Mesozoic non-marine Gondwana tetrapods of India
• Cenozoic marine gastropod fauna of India
• Alluvial invertebrate trace fossils from the Mesozoic Gondwana deposits of India
• Tertiary marine vertebrates of Kutch Basin, India
• Tertiary foraminifera of Kutch Basin India
4) Numerical analysis and modelling of geological data and geological systems in domains:
• GIS based analysis of geospatial data
• Morphometric and shape analyses of fossils and other geological objects
• Evolutionary taxonomy
• Numerical modelling of earth surface and hydrogeologic processes
• Patterns of the Proterozoic carbonate cycles to understand the relations between climatic change and eustatic sea-level variation.